Monday, August 05, 2013

"It's Hard to Be a Homo in Russia"

The ironies are endless. Flag-waving "foam-at-the-mouth" American conservatives and Christian fundamentalists have been historically described as "xenophobic" about "Godless atheistic Russia." ("The Russians are coming! The Russians are coming! Everybody to get off the streets!")

And now it's Mother Russia, her president Vladamir Putin, and Moscow Mayor Yuri Luzkov, who fear being contaminated by the baneful moral perversions of Western culture. Some might even think that Russia is becoming more "Christian" than America.

In his article, "It's Hard to Be a Homo in Russia" (Taki's Magazine, August 5, 2013), Jim Goad addresses the issue [Advisory: Taki's Magazine often allows vulgar language]:
A new Cold War is brewing between Russia and the West, but this time it’s being fought over the rainbow flag.

As the USA rapidly morphs into a continent-spanning version of Fire Island, a homo paradise where tiny fairy sculptors dream there will one day be a 90-foot statue of Harvey Milk wearing leather ass chaps and a butt plug on the US Capitol West Lawn, Russia is currently tightening its sphincter in stubborn resistance to All Things Gay.

Former Moscow Mayor Yuri Luzkhov repeatedly banned gay-pride parades, dubbing them “satanic.” In 2012, Moscow’s local parliament banned such festivities for 100 years.

Vladimir Putin, who is not averse to posing for vaguely homoerotic beefcake photos, has flexed his ample pectoral muscles in defiance of prevailing Western sentiments on issues such as immigration and anti-Christian blasphemy. And now he’s going after The Gays.
Read more >>

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Putin is promoting the natural law family and the Orthodox Christian ethos in his country.
Compare with the Obama regime in the US.

Viva Putin! Viva!

Mick Jagger Gathers No Mosque said...

Mr. Goad has supplanted P.J. O'Rourke as the wicked wit of the west.

Mick Jagger Gathers No Mosque said...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCyYuLQ7_Ws

Oh Lord, it's hard to be homo

When you're queer in every way

I can't wait to look in the mirror

Cause I'm looking mo'butch each day

To know me is to love me

I must be a hell of a man

Oh Lord, it's hard to be homo
For a man with a cute fetching can



I used to have a girlfriend

But I guess she just couldn't compete

With all of these cute little Cub Scouts
Who wear socks on their tiny sweet feet

Well I could probably find me a grown man

But I guess they're all in awe of me

Who cares? I never get lonesome

See the sweet boys in Cub Scout Troop B



Oh Lord, it's hard to be homo

When you're queer in every way

I can't wait to look in the mirror

Cause I'm looking mo'butch each day

To know me is to love me

I must be a hell of a man

Oh Lord, it's hard to be homo
For a man with a big fetching can

I guess you could say I'm a Homo

A cowboy wearing leather ass chaps

Well, I could have a Fag Hag girlfriend

But I like boys who are taking a nap

Some folks say that I've gotta cute catamite

Hell, I don't even know what that means!

I guess it has something to do with the way
He looks in his skin-tight blue jeans


Oh Lord, it's hard to be homo

When you're queer in every way

I can't wait to look in the mirror

Cause I'm looking mo'butch each day

To know me is to love me

I must be a hell of a man

Oh Lord, it's hard to be homo

For a man with a big fetching can